Everyone has their own definition of what success means. And you can find a lot of different success secrets. These are mine.
1. Schedule and Prioritize Work – Actually, it should be prioritize, and schedule work, because you need to decide what is most important for you to do before you can schedule it. Your highest priority should be the task you can do now that will have the biggest impact on achieving the success you want.
2. Focus on Your Current Task – Many people feel multi-tasking is a key to success, but I find focusing on what you are doing and finishing it, before switching to something else, not only helps you succeed, but motivates you to start on the next task.
3. Enjoy the Challenge – Not everything that needs to be done for you to be successful is exciting. Understand that the routine, repetitive tasks, and the processes you have to go through, are as much a part of being successful as the bigger tasks.
4. Work First, Then Relax – It is easier to relax once you have completed what you need to do. The longer you put a task off, the more anxious you get about not doing it, and the harder it is to get started - which means there is a better chance you will procrastinate, or even give up on your goal.
5. Believe in Your Ability to Be Successful – People always laugh at the dreamer, until they succeed. Believe in your dream, even if others don’t. They don’t see the same thing as you and may not understand what you are trying to accomplish.
6. Be Who You Want to Be – Don’t live your life to satisfy other people’s expectations. You were meant to be you, and that’s okay. It’s alright if not everyone is happy with who you choose to be, as long as you are okay with it.
7. Be the Difference – Too often, we wait for something to happen instead of stepping up and making it happen. If you don’t make it happen, who will?
8. Illegitimi Non Carborundum – Loosely translated, it means “Don’t let the bastards bring you down.” There will always be people who will say that you can’t accomplish your goal, but you have a much better chance of doing what you want if you don’t listen to the people who are telling you that you can’t.
9. ENJOY! – If you are doing what you really want to do, it won’t seem like work. Do what makes you happy, and find ways to enjoy the things you have to do.
One last thought. The key to overcoming anxiety is action. Do something today!